HOW TO BECOME A BBMHA COACH
Any person applying for a coaching position with Beausejour-Brokenhead Minor Hockey MUST complete an application form in its entirety to be considered. For the 2023-2024 season you will register first under the HCR tab above. Once you have completed the forms required for Hockey Canada, you will be provided with an access code to complete the BBMHA application form powered by our new software Team Linkt. If you have any issues please contact Rick Voss for further assistance.
All applications must be received by BBMHA prior to the deadline date of September 1, 2023.
The BBMHA Executive will make its decision based on the applicant’s coaching experience, philosophy, and training. Applicants who are selected will be notified once teams have been made.
- Hockey Canada Registry (Left tab) and BBMHA Coach Application (Right tab) - All Coaches must register first with HCR and then complete a BBMHA Coach Application Form (see above).
- Training - All required Hockey Canada (E-Hockey / Hockey University) training and respect in Sport Activity Leaders training must be completed by December 1 (see requirements below).
- Crininal Records Check - Complete a Criminal Record Check & Vunerable Persons Check. (available at local RCMP station)
- Child Abuse Check - Complete a Child Abuse Registry Form. - Please obtain a copy from the Association President. Completed Child Registry documents are to be submitted to BBMHA who will submit the documents on your behalf. There is no cost when the Association submits the documents. Please drop off your completed forms to the BBMHA President in an envelope marked for BBMHA.
- Code of Conduct - Coaches must abide by the BBMHA Code of Conduct, which are guidelines that promote fair play and respect for all participants.
- Equipment - All on-ice coaches must always wear a helmet. On-ice coach and instructors are encouraged to wear athletic attire (track suit or athletic pants and sweatshirt)
*If you are a returning Coach, you will have already completed the above requirements. Proceed to filling out and submitting the Coaches Application. Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Check are required to be updated every 3 years.